What is Application Integration?
Application Integration is an integration framework composed of a collection of technologies and services which form a middleware to enable the integration of systems and applications across the enterprise.
BizTalk Server is Microsoft’s integration and connectivity server solution. A mature product on its seventh release, BizTalk Server 2010 provides a solution that allows organisations to easily connect disparate systems.
ICS Solutions and Application Integration:
The BizTalk Advantage Program
from ICS Solutions is a framework of options that combines method and know how to help organisations solve a variety of business challenges using Microsoft BizTalk in a flexible, rapid and viable manner. The program means that clients benefit from our full range of solutions and services for all their BizTalk projects and with our help have extracted the maximum value from their Microsoft investment.
Application Integration can be used for different purposes:
- Data integration: Ensures consistency of information in multiple systems
- Vendor independence: Extracts business policies or rules from applications and implements them in the Application Integration system, meaning that if one of the business applications is replaced with a different vendor's application, the business rules do not have to be re-implemented
- Common facade: An Application Integration system can front-end a cluster of applications, providing a single consistent access interface to these applications and shielding users from having to learn to use different software packages
Why invest in Application Integration?
- BizTalk Server provides connectivity between core systems both inside and outside your organisation
- Point-to-Point connections grow across an organisation
- Provides strong durable messaging, a rules engine, EDI connectivity, Business Activity Monitoring (BAM), RFID capabilities and IBM Host/Mainframe connectivity