What is Project Management?
Project Management is the discipline of planning, organising, securing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives. The primary challenge of project management is to achieve all of the project goals and objectives while honouring the preconceived project constraints. Typical constraints are scope, time and budget.
Microsoft Project Server 2010 is built on Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 and brings together powerful business collaboration platform services with structured execution capabilities to provide flexible work management solutions. Unifying project and portfolio management, Project Server 2010 helps organisations align resources and investments with business priorities to gain control across all types of work and visualise performance using powerful dashboards.
ICS Solutions and SharePoint 2010 project management:
Based on SharePoint technologies, ICS Solutions Project Management solutions enable clients to effectively manage and co-ordinate the work for one-time projects to complex programmes across the entire project lifecycle. ICS Solutions Project Management solutions help clients to intelligently manage project work by:
- Improving business intelligence – Management dashboards and Key Performance Indicators help to monitor performance; visualise trends; manage risks and identify investment gaps
- Collaborate and co-ordinate – Web based access to Project information enables teams to share knowledge and collaborate smoothly; and to quickly adjust to project changes and updates
- Deliver real return on investment – Through increased employee productivity; faster project cycles; reduced costs; and improved time management ICS Solutions Project Management solutions enable clients to deliver positive and sustainable returns on investment
- Promote Continuous improvement – ICS Solutions Project Management solutions enable clients to standardise processes to improve operational efficiencies whilst retaining flexibility and responsiveness
Why invest in Project Management?
- You can save money, deliver faster and realise the benefits sooner by streamlining the way you work on projects
- Areas can be created to allow your people to collaborate on projects and add their own expertise to the mix
- Project managers have full visibility of a project and can track the progress on everyone involved at any given time
- Automated processes can be created that every project follows ensuring that they all meet the same high standards