What is Social Networking?
A social network service is an online service, platform, or site that focuses on the building and reflecting of social networks or social relations among people. A social network service essentially consists of a representation of each user (often a profile), his/her social links, and a variety of additional services. Most social networks are web based and provide means for users to interact over the internet.
SharePoint 2010 provides capabilities to help transform the way people and companies work together to share expertise and ideas, meet changing demands, and promoting innovation. SharePoint 2010 offers improved social-networking features, including blogs, wikis, status updates and team sites, and can help companies gain a competitive advantage through innovation, increased productivity, consolidated IT spending, and improved workforce agility.
ICS Solutions and Social Networking?
ICS Solutions SharePoint 2010 Social Networking solutions enable organisations to build online communities of people that share interests and expertise. Thoughtfully planned, and knowledgeably implemented Social Networking solutions enable clients to generate and maintain competitive advantages by:
- Connecting people and building relationships across geographic and organisational boundaries
- Creating and fostering processes of innovation
- Attracting and retaining the best employees from the ‘Facebook’ Generation
- Sharing and amplifying best practices and experience based knowledge
- Embedding continuous training within core business processes
Why invest in Social Networking?
The Social Networking feature offers a comprehensive, flexible platform that empowers people to work together in ways that are most effective for them. Providing a broad range of capabilities for collaboration and social computing that form the foundation for vibrant business communities, such as:
- People profiles, photos and presence
- Status updates
- Ask me about
- Note board
- Recent activities
- Organisation browser
- Add colleagues
- Social bookmarks
- Tags, tag clouds, tag profiles
- My network
- Blog and wiki’s
- Rating and colleague and keyword suggestions.
Find out more about Social Networking with SharePoint 2010 at our next event.